If you love winter, this post is not for you.
Ah, winter – a season adored by many but the bane of my existence! As temperatures continue to drop and the snow piles up around me, I’ve come to realize I’m in a chilly battle with a dreaded foe – winter claustrophobia. While others cozy up by the fireplace or indulge in winter sports, I’m navigating an indoor maze of restlessness and unease.
The winter blues hit hard, turning me into a hermit with a Vitamin D deficiency. But fear not, fellow sufferers! Here’s my 8-tip survival guide to beat the winter blahs:
- Build a blanket fort so epic it could rival a Stone Age tent
- Combat SAD – it stands for Seasonal Affective Disorder – with a circadian rhythm dance-off in your living room. Alexa will thank you!
- Lack of greenery and ozone? No problem! Keep watering your Christmas tree and make sure it lasts till spring
- Keep stacking your fridge with puff pastry and keep practicing your folding skills every weekend
- Transform your office into the Olympic stadium and aim for gold in the indoor Ski Jump and the Cross Country Ski (don’t ask me how)
- Read and write, disseminate information until your head hurts and until you get tears (of laughter) in your eyes
- Binge-watch Netflix on weekends. It isn’t just a hobby, it’s a survival strategy. Sorry my dear laptop, I’m afraid you’ll have to wait for spring for a break 😔
- Oh, and when it all goes to hell, go back and read my first post of this year, True magic
Remember, winter warriors, stay cozy, stay funny, and may your indoor adventures keep you sane!